Meriden ARC Web Site | Castle Craig Chapter 10-10

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MARC FUNDRAISER? "Antenna Business" for the Club or Club Member...
Hi everyone.

As a number of you know, a few years ago I invented -- and patented -- with my good friend and fellow ham Rod Lane (N1FNE) what could be the next generation of high-performance dipole antenna. It has been tested for many years under the most demanding conditions (from ice-storms to heavy contesting), and it performs amazingly well. Best of all, its linear-loading design achieves superior performance in little as 80% less horizontal space. There are no inductors. No gizmos. Just a very clever (and, like I said, patented) way to form and support the antenna wire.

Not only does this compact wire antenna work wonderfully on all HF bands from 160-10 meters, it does not require a center insulator, it does not require end-insulator components, and can be made of virtually ANY wire (even the thinnest wire) as there is no tension on the wire at all!

To top it off: An entire antenna can be made -- from start to finish -- in as little as 15 minutes. (The unique, super-quick construction method is NOT described in the patent. The ultra-fast construction method has not yet been publicly disclosed. All that is required is a length of wire and a support rope. That's it. Not another component whatsoever.)

The antenna design is proven in thousands of QSOs over many installations. In fact, it has been my primary HF "contest" antenna for the last eight years, with around-the-world contacts barefoot with my Yaesu FT-857D. And it has survived all of our brutal winters like a champ.

Would you like to help me and Rod roll out this antenna to the world? It could be fun and lucrative for the Club. It could even be a great "side" project for a retired Club member (or members). Check out the patent here: http://www.google.com/patents/US7864131.

The patent provides, essentially, an 18-year legal monopoly. So the long-term revenue opportunities could be substantial.

If you're curious about the possibilities, please let me know. Glad to answer any and all questions. We could even chat about it during shift-changes and such during the Field Day weekend.

73, Eric KB1EHE

P.S. We have all sorts of internal "code names" and possible trade names for this unique antenna -- and we have registered all of the related domain names. There's about 50 of them. We're still fiddling which name would resonate the best with the target audience -- so a little bit of market research still needs to occur. Some of the leading candidates include "DXWave Dipole" (dxwavedipole.com), "DX Dipole" (dxdipole.com), "Indestructible Dipole" (indestructibledipole.com), "Magic Dipole" (MagicDipole.com), "New Wave Dipole" (NewWaveDipole.com), "Triangle Dipole" (triangledipole.com), "Triangle Wave Dipole" (trianglewavedipole.com), "Ultimate Dipole" (ultimatedipole.com), and "Wave Dipole" (wavedipole.com). Again, we own the domain names of about 50 total variations / names...these are just a sample. We're open to any and all thoughts on the names, too!

[Image: antenna-patent-first-page-snapshot.png]