Meriden ARC Web Site | Castle Craig Chapter 10-10

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VE Status - Check Your Sticker

VE's should check the sticker on their badges and see if it is not expired with a sticker date past the current date.

I found out that since I had not done a session since 2000 my accreditation was placed on administrative hold. In order to re-certify I need to do the book test and fax new documents to the league again.

I know with the club doing the VE session at Nutmeg it's hard to keep certified but perhaps if we cycle all the VEs through the session so everyone gets a shot every couple of years our certifications won't lapse.

And perhaps the club should consider doing a session at the club location in April or May to give VEs a chance to do a session.

Al - N1API
I was at HQ today taking care of my VE due to my new call sign. Here's some answers to the questions that came up at the meeting the other night. Annie in the VE group answered these for me. - Steve - KC1SA

1. Does the VE badge coincide with your call sign license years, that is does your VE badge 'good' until your license expires?
A. No, your VE badge has different years of being valid. The Accredited Through date on your VE badge is when your VE credentials are valid and not outside of that date.

2. Can a non-VE Amateur licensee sign for a test at a VE session?
A. No, only a valid VE with valid VE credentials can sign the CSCE form. Non-VE folks can be present and can assist with the VE session but can not sign any forms or perform grading of the tests.

3. What if my VE badge has expired?
A. Give the ARRL a call (Perry Green at the VE section) and they can fix it over the phone. You will then be issued a new badge (not sure if the $5 is assessed for renewals).

4. I changed my call sign, can I put a sticker on my valid VE badge indicating my new call sign?
A. No, placing a sticker over or on your VE badge with your new call sign invalidates your badge. You need to request a new badge with your new call sign. There is a $5 fee for issuing a new badge.
73, Steve - KC1SA
Thanks, much of this concerning expired stickers is in an article I wrote for the next Key Klix. I concentrated on the expired sticker subject since that was the purpose of my questions, but this information is good for people to know also.

The main thing for VEs to know is that they need to do a session at least every couple of years to keep active in the program. I speak more about this in the KK. I know that it's tough for our club since we have quite a few VE and do just Nutmeg right now with a session. And this is addressed with a couple of suggestions also.

Al

(04-18-2016, 11:51 AM)KC1SA Wrote: I was at HQ today taking care of my VE due to my new call sign. Here's some answers to the questions that came up at the meeting the other night. Annie in the VE group answered these for me. - Steve - KC1SA

1. Does the VE badge coincide with your call sign license years, that is does your VE badge 'good' until your license expires?
A. No, your VE badge has different years of being valid. The Accredited Through date on your VE badge is when your VE credentials are valid and not outside of that date.

2. Can a non-VE Amateur licensee sign for a test at a VE session?
A. No, only a valid VE with valid VE credentials can sign the CSCE form. Non-VE folks can be present and can assist with the VE session but can not sign any forms or perform grading of the tests.

3. What if my VE badge has expired?
A. Give the ARRL a call (Perry Green at the VE section) and they can fix it over the phone. You will then be issued a new badge (not sure if the $5 is assessed for renewals).

4. I changed my call sign, can I put a sticker on my valid VE badge indicating my new call sign?
A. No, placing a sticker over or on your VE badge with your new call sign invalidates your badge. You need to request a new badge with your new call sign. There is a $5 fee for issuing a new badge.