Meriden ARC Web Site | Castle Craig Chapter 10-10

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAE RTTY Scores - Post Your Results And Stories Here!

Here are my results for the WAE Contest this weekend, stories after the results.

START-OF-LOG: 2.0
ARRL-SECTION: CT
CALLSIGN: N1API
CLUB: Meriden ARC
CONTEST: DARC-WAEDC-RTTY
CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP-ASSISTED ALL LOW
CLAIMED-SCORE: 351216
OPERATORS: N1API
NAME: Al
ADDRESS:
ADDRESS: CT
ADDRESS: United States
CREATED-BY: N1MM Logger V14.9.0

Band ------ Q/QTC ------ QSOs ------ Multi
14 -------- QSO -------- 185 -------- 126
14 -------- ROTC -------- 90 ---------- 0
14 -------- SQTC ------- 187 ---------- 0
21 -------- QSO -------- 151 -------- 114
21 -------- RQTC ------- 100 ---------- 0
21 -------- SQTC ------- 140 ---------- 0
28 -------- QSO -------- 101 --------- 84
28 -------- RQTC -------- 20 ---------- 0
28 -------- SQTC ------- 110 ---------- 0
Total ----- All ------- 1084 -------- 324
Score: 351,216

Well, this was an interesting and different weekend. The bands did not seem to be in as good a condition as other contest weekends. In fact I would say they were down because of the decline in solar activity and the events of some flares this weekend.

A "surprise" was pulled on me without warning, and that was when I was starting to exchange QTC with a European Station and all of a sudden he started sending HIS QTC to ME! I had to do some quick thinking, fortunately I had just gone over the N1MM section on QTC. I usually do a quick review before a WAE contest to refresh my memory on how to do it, so I was able to get the QTC received. Over the weekend I took a number of other QTCs so added more than double to my score. I did manage to "give away" all of my contact about 5 minutes before the contest ended and and said that's all I'm DONE! I hope I got the R QTC correct. When you send QTC the lot number goes into the "QTC?" field automatically. When receiving you have to type the stations call in the QTC Field so I was not sure if the format is "CALL" or "CALL N/N" I guess I will finding out when the scores come out. If I get banged for my R QTC I'll know I did it wrong.

I had a few nice runs on 10, 15 and 20 but spent a lot of time searching and pouncing. Nothing spectacular. I ended the contest with about a 3 1/2 hour run on 20 meters about 14.0935. There seemed to be little close QRM and I did about 80 contacts just sitting and calling CQ.

A fun and relaxing weekend in front of the radio and I ran into a couple of club members working the contest and caught a a couple of other members calls in the QTCs.

Al - N1API
CALLSIGN: KC1ACN
CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL LOW
CLAIMED-SCORE: 30264
OPERATORS: KC1ACN
SOAPBOX: Rookie, 100W, OCF Dipole
NAME: Rob Cichon
ADDRESS: 175 Converse Avenue
ADDRESS: Meriden, CT 06450
ADDRESS: UNITED STATES
CREATED-BY: N1MM Logger+ 0.19.4184.0

Yeah so I have a story too. Smugly set for those European QTC's which caught me by surprise during the WAG SSB Contest, imagine my shock upon learning that your logging software MUST be integrated with your decoding software.
For obvious reasons which eluded me until my {CTRL + Z} didn't work, you can't exchange QTC's manually.

Anyway I had fun and made a bunch of contacts. Japan, Alaska, Aland islands.
And I agree Al, the bands were not as generous as the last contest. Made most of my contacts running though. At least I gained +41 points from a perfect log entry hi hi.
K1RCT - Rob
W1NRG Station Activities Manager
Home Email

(11-10-2014, 12:16 AM)KC1ACN Wrote: Yeah so I have a story too. Smugly set for those European QTC's which caught me by surprise during the WAG SSB Contest, imagine my shock upon learning that your logging software MUST be integrated with your decoding software.
For obvious reasons which eluded me until my {CTRL + Z} didn't work, you can't exchange QTC's manually.

Anyway I had fun and made a bunch of contacts. Japan, Alaska, Aland islands.
And I agree Al, the bands were not as generous as the last contest. Made most of my contacts running though. At least I gained +41 points from a perfect log entry hi hi.

Rob,

Not sure what you mean. For WAE and CW you can only work AND send QTC to European Stations. If you don't have a radio connection to your computer when you do CTRL-Z in SSB I think you still go into the QTC Send mode and as you press the space bar it puts the First QTC up which you have to read off. IN CW the QTC is sent to the CW Port. I guess if you are "real good" you can send it from the keyer or keyboard if you are using one. The receiving station sends an "R" if he gets it OK or "AGN if not and I believe that you use the + key to send it again but I would have to check on that as I've only done CW QTC once. In RTTY you really need the connection between the computer and radio as you may be able to send or receive manually but that's a lot of typing.... and most of us are not that fast, (except WA1TRY who types about 200 WPM... hi.)

I gotta start moving on the NEW N1MM since the old one is not being updated though you can update the Country, Section and Master Callsign Databases with the latest changes. I have not even downloaded it yet, I don't know if it is in "final release or still Beta.

I got an 100% on the log I sent in so maybe I took the QTC correctly. Will have to wait until the LCRs come out to see what I lost.

Al
Well, I pressed {CTRL + Z} and nothing happened. I assumed it was due to the fact the Logger (N1MM+) was not integral with the decoder (FLDigi). If not, then the reason eludes me.

In SSB Mode, pressing {CTRL + Z} brings up the QTC dialog. I tested it and assumed (there's that word again) it would work in Digi Mode.
K1RCT - Rob
Home Email

(11-10-2014, 12:50 PM)KC1ACN Wrote: Well, I pressed {CTRL + Z} and nothing happened. I assumed it was due to the fact the Logger (N1MM+) was not integral with the decoder (FLDigi). If not, then the reason eludes me.

In SSB Mode, pressing {CTRL + Z} brings up the QTC dialog. I tested it and assumed (there's that word again) it would work in Digi Mode.

If it's on your laptop bring it to a meeting. We can check it out and see what it's doing. I did do some fake calls today and and did a couple of fake RQTCs and it seems that what I did was correct.

We can always either use your log that you did for WAE, (after you save a copy of your .TRN File and Cabrillo log), and play with the software.

I was just getting an email together to send you and see if we can get on maybe 10 meters and you can check my signal on PSK and MFSK32. I need to know if I am having issues with the Fldigi software or am just hearing things. More in the email.

Al
    Got some air time and fun in.
Not the total contest but never dull working a WEADC

CALLSIGN: K1PU
CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL LOW
CLAIMED-SCORE: 290664
OPERATORS: K1PU
NAME: Mark Mokoski
How do you get N1MM to print this part:

?????
K1RCT - Rob
Home Email

(11-18-2014, 01:37 PM)KC1ACN Wrote: How do you get N1MM to print this part:

?????
I don't think you can print that as such. I usually just copy it since it's so short. I use the Courier font since it seems to line up the best. The Forum software is not really set up to do columns and graphs and such. This is why you need the dashes to separate everything into columns manually.

Maybe a copy and past of he whole window may work or save it as a JPEG file and attach it to the post.

Al
OK, I thought there may have been an applet for exporting the Statistics when a Cabrillo is created.

I used the ScoreSheetSummary Export for the tally which is close but not as nice looking.

Will post the Sweeps Results soon.
K1RCT - Rob
Home Email