Meriden ARC Web Site | Club Chat Room | Castle Craig Chapter 10-10

Latest news: ----CQ WW RTTY DX Contest September 23rd and 24th ---------

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wanted, MARC Secretary
09-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Wanted, MARC Secretary
After my first year as MARC Secretary, I am stepping down from this elected position for personal reasons, looking to stir up the membership to move someone else to a position on the MARC executive echelon. In a few weeks, I'm going to be hitting the mid-point of my septuagenarian decade, and still actively interested in my ham radio hobby. Besides the MARC commitment, I'm still involved as an ARRL Tour Guide volunteer which requires several days/month of traveling to Newington. The work as Secretary requires someone who has more focus on the local MARC scene. With an eye towards the future of ham radio in our mid-state area, I urge our club to discuss and nominate a younger club member who's interested in promoting the expansive interests of ham radio and development of the club's capabilities. I intend to develop a better understanding of the MARC constitution and bylaws to define the membership's role with respect to the annual elections and perhaps term limits on the executive committee to encourage a wider club participation. I have enjoyed this year as Secretary and thank the club for this opportunity to serve.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2014, 07:41 PM
RE: Wanted, MARC Secretary: JOB FILLED!
(09-30-2014 04:29 PM)K1SEZ Wrote:  After my first year as MARC Secretary, I am stepping down from this elected position for personal reasons, looking to stir up the membership to move someone else to a position on the MARC executive echelon. In a few weeks, I'm going to be hitting the mid-point of my septuagenarian decade, and still actively interested in my ham radio hobby. Besides the MARC commitment, I'm still involved as an ARRL Tour Guide volunteer which requires several days/month of traveling to Newington. The work as Secretary requires someone who has more focus on the local MARC scene. With an eye towards the future of ham radio in our mid-state area, I urge our club to discuss and nominate a younger club member who's interested in promoting the expansive interests of ham radio and development of the club's capabilities. I intend to develop a better understanding of the MARC constitution and bylaws to define the membership's role with respect to the annual elections and perhaps term limits on the executive committee to encourage a wider club participation. I have enjoyed this year as Secretary and thank the club for this opportunity to serve.
THIS JOB HAS BEEN FILLED BY STEVE ALLEN, KC1AXJ... best wishes to you, Steve!
12-16-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: Wanted, MARC Secretary
(12-15-2014 07:41 PM)K1SEZ Wrote:  
(09-30-2014 04:29 PM)K1SEZ Wrote:  After my first year as MARC Secretary, I am stepping down from this elected position for personal reasons, looking to stir up the membership to move someone else to a position on the MARC executive echelon. In a few weeks, I'm going to be hitting the mid-point of my septuagenarian decade, and still actively interested in my ham radio hobby. Besides the MARC commitment, I'm still involved as an ARRL Tour Guide volunteer which requires several days/month of traveling to Newington. The work as Secretary requires someone who has more focus on the local MARC scene. With an eye towards the future of ham radio in our mid-state area, I urge our club to discuss and nominate a younger club member who's interested in promoting the expansive interests of ham radio and development of the club's capabilities. I intend to develop a better understanding of the MARC constitution and bylaws to define the membership's role with respect to the annual elections and perhaps term limits on the executive committee to encourage a wider club participation. I have enjoyed this year as Secretary and thank the club for this opportunity to serve.

TU Paul, hopefully I keep up the exemplary work you did as Secretary.
Steve - KC1AXJ

73, Steve - KC1SA
12-16-2014, 04:30 PM
(12-16-2014 01:46 PM)KC1AXJ Wrote:  
(12-15-2014 07:41 PM)K1SEZ Wrote:  

TU Paul, hopefully I keep up the exemplary work you did as Secretary.
Steve - KC1AXJ

You'll do fine. Being a club officers just takes a strong constitution and asbestos underwear!

Al
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Truly laughed out loud on that Al.

K1RCT - Rob
W1NRG Station Activities Manager
Home Email